QUICK GUIDE Nationals of about 170 countries and territories may visit Hong Kong visa-free for a period ranging from 7 days to 180 days.
The list of countries that require a visa or entry permit to enter Hong Kong for a visit or transit can be found: https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html
All visitors to Hong Kong must meet the following entry requirements:
- Valid travel documents (minimum validity of 6 months at the time of departure)
- Adequate funds to cover the duration of their stay without working
- Hold onward or return tickets unless in transit to the Mainland of China or the Macao Special Administrative Region
- Visa for entry into Hong Kong (if applicable)
How to apply
- Visa or entry permit can be applied from the nearest Chinese diplomatic and consular mission or HKSAR Immigration Department directly by post or through a local sponsor. Original copy of the duly completed application form and the photographs required should be sent immediately to the HKSAR Immigration Department by air mail. A visa/entry permit will be issued only on receipt of an original, properly completed visa/entry permit application form.
- A Chinese resident of Taiwan should submit his/her application for an entry permit through one of the authorised airlines.
- You can obtain information here for entry to Hong Kong from the Mainland of China. Information on arrangements for entry to Hong Kong SAR for overseas Chinese and Chinese residents of Taiwan can be obtained here.
- Visa processing time varies, please ensure sufficient time for your application to be processed.